Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bubba Gump, the beach, and a loaded issue


Saturday, I picked up my best friend at about noon, we then headed to long beach. We were having lunch with my mom to celebrate my birthday since I wasn’t able to see her on my actual birthday. We went to Bubba Gump shrimp company, it is a restaurant that is based on the movie Forest Gump. This was the first time I have gone there but it was really cool. Our waiter was very nice and really funny.

We all ordered some type of shrimp meal and it was YUMMY! It was also pretty expensive. After that we sat and talked for awhile and then went on our way. My best friend and I decided to go to the beach and watch the people surfing. Most of the people at the beach were using those big kite looking things, I don’t know what they are called. We stayed at the beach for about two hours and then we went back to my house. We watched that show Shear Genius. I love this show. I have never seen any of the previous seasons but I wish I had.

On Sunday I spent the entire day researching and writing a rough draft essay about assisted suicide. I never really paid much attention to this topic because it is a very complicated issue but now I can’t avoid it. After I finished writing my paper I just felt like shit. My mind kept going over all the stuff I read and it just put me in a lousy mood.

This isn’t the first time something like this has happened to me. There have been several times when doing a homework assignment that I started to feel crappy because the topic was a really loaded topic and was emotionally draining. I have always been an emotional person and am easily affected by things I see or read. Sunday night I had a hard time getting to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment